PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Made-It Link Up


Hi bloggy friends, long time no post! I took a year off from blogging; writing, not reading all of your wonderful blogs. In my year off from writing, I pinned like crazy but just recently decided to start creating some of the cute things I have been inspired by. Seeing all of your amazing creations is so inspiring and I realized how much I missed this community of teachers so I decided to link up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics.

Here is what I have been busy with so far this summer:

It seems like the hottest teacher item this upcoming school year is going to be the Teacher Toolbox. I think the original idea may have come from Create, Teach, Share. What an amazing idea! I ended up ordering my 22 drawer toolbox from Amazon and using cute scrapbook paper from Walmart. Ta-Da! It is so cute.


I had some left over scrapbook paper so I up-cycled some Crystal Light containers to hold popsicle stick multiplication facts, etc. I made 5, one for each table group.

Still more leftover paper AND a new addiction to Mod Podge so I Mod Podged the heck out of anything plastic! I started with this two drawer storage unit I use to hold money, base ten blocks, calendar pieces for my Everyday Math Calendar. I think it certainly livens it up!

Lastly, I made this sign. I can't claim to love it. It was actually my first Mod Podge attempt using wrapping paper. It bubbled quite a bit. Not sure if the wrapping paper was just too thin or if I rushed. Either way, it might look cute somewhere in my room. Perhaps I should have just splurged on this super cute one from Etsy?

Sigh. At least I tried! I hope to be back blogging a bit this summer about some exciting changes in my third grade classroom. First, I won't be doing the team theme anymore. While I loved it, I was ready for a change. Next year, my classroom will be Rocking and Rolling because third grade ROCKS! In the upcoming weeks, I'll share a few things that I am doing in my classroom to make this theme evident to my kiddos when they come back to school. I think these two Vistaprint creations count as being made or at least designed by me. The first one is a car door magnet that I will put on my white board as part of my homework board. The second one is actually a window cling so it will appear clear where the white parts are.



Can't wait to show you some of my back to school purchases later this week! Happy Monday!

12 comments:

Mrs. Scoma said...

Welcome back!! We are doing a Rock 'n Roll theme, too, next year at my school... where did you get your graphics of the kids? I love them!
~Laura
First Grade FUNdamentals

Tara said...

So super happy you decided to rejoin the blog world and link up:) Wow! You have been busy!! I love all your projects!! I super love your storage drawer! The colors really pop!!! Your teacher toolbox turned out great:)) Thanks for linking up and hope you come back:)))

4th Grade Frolics

Lorena said...

I love all your projects and glad you are back!
Lorena
Little Treasures

Heather Temske said...

I have been trying to figure out what to do with the crystal light containers that I couldn't bear to throw away. You have given me inspiration.

Thanks for sharing

Mrs. Randall said...

Thanks everyone! Laura, I got these graphics from Scrappindoodles. Thistle girl also has kiddie bop graphics that are super cute.

Kelley

Brandi said...

Your projects came out great. Thanks for sharing! Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade

Cupcake said...

Your projects are so pretty!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Mrs. Anderson said...

Wow! Your projects turned out really nice!!
I have lots of those Crystal Light plastic containers and like what you've done with yours. I'm going to try it myself. Thanks for sharing!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Apparently I do not know how to comment because I just left you a comment on the wrong post! Oy must be getting late! What I had meant to tell you on THIS post was that your drawer storage came out adorable. And that with all your crafts, it's inspiring me to make more than 1 this week! :)

Amanda
Reaching for the TOP!

April Walker said...

Love the idea of using Crystal Light containers.
~April Walker
The Idea Backpack
Ideabackpack@gmail.com

newmanm said...

I love the way you used scrapbook paper in your clear plastic containers! I have some of those containers, and they bother me because I can always see the stuff inside, usually looking messy. Definitely going to have to try that!

I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Head over to my page to check it out!

http://newmansthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

Megan

Anonymous said...

Hi! I would love to find your Listening Center Response Cards. Can you post them again? Please! :-} Thanks!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.