PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Been searching for these all my life!


Awhile back the fabulous Deanna Jump from Mrs. Jump's Class posted about these awesome markers that she uses on her anchor charts. If you've seen any of the photos of her anchor charts then you know they are outstanding. She really knows how to make a great visual for her class. So, needless to say I've been on the lookout for Elmer's Project Popperz for quite some time. I've looked in all the usual places, Target and Walmart office supply aisles to no avail. I was beginning to think that my local "go-to" shops just didn't carry them.

But alas, I found myself browsing the student school supply section in Target, the aisle with all of the materials kids might need to make a clasroom presentation and I spotted them. Right next to the large poster board! What a score! My kids were like, really mom? You are that excited about markers. Yes, yes I am!

I can't wait to take them for a spin in the Fall!

Also, in case you missed it...Ms. Voss from Voss's Vine shared a great tip with me! These outstanding and super cute organizers (in all shapes and sizes) are available online at Joann Fabrics for a very reasonable price. Believe me, I've shopped around. If you've been thinking about some new storage for your classroom, take it from me you will LOVE these.


7 comments:

Sylvia Raigosa said...

Hi Kelley, I had the same reaction you had when I found The Popperz at Walmart! I think I twirled a few times in the aisle! I was extremely thrilled because they were the BRIGHT colored set! I bought 3! One for home, one for school and a set for my partner teacher. The rolling cart is the best! I have one in my class...Awesome!

Miss Kindergarten said...

I got the last set of project popper markers at my Target!! woohoo!! Now I just need to find them in the bright colors!

Hadar

Mary said...

Woo hoo! I have been searching for these everywhere... I will definitely be stopping by my local Target tomorrow with my fingers crossed. Thanks for the tip :)

Mary
Adventures in Kindergarten

Alicia Lochridge said...

Love me some Target!! Found my Popperz!! I also found some poster markers with a chisel tip at Staples...but, they were $6 versus Target's $4. My husband couldn't believe that I wanted to go shopping for markers!! :) But that's why we're teachers...we're really 7 year olds inside.

First Grade Factory

Pocketful of Littles said...

Target is going to me the death of me! They have such cute stuff. I love your blog and your ideas and I would love for you to visit my blog and follow me.


www.pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is the second time in about a week that I have heard about these markers, ha! Before that I had never heard of them, but now I'll be on the look out too. :-)

Megan said...

After reading this post I wandered into Ollie's - a new discount store that opened up across the street from me. I was just exploring but what did I find with the school supplies? Popperz!...and only for $1.29. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try them out!!

blackboardandbeyond.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.