
I went in to my classroom today for the last time in June. I am officially taking a break until end of July(ish) before I go back to complete my set up. If you follow my blog, you know that I made a big move to a mobile before school ended and I have been fretting about space and setting up for some time now. Finally I just went in to school and some ideas just started flowing. Take a look at my last post (click here) to see some before shots.
Today I feel very accomplished. I set up my book shelves and switched out my old white book tubs for some new colorful ones. It brightens the whole room up.
Here are some photos...remember, my classroom is still in transition mode (BIG TIME). It looks so bland without any bulletin boards!
This first photo is my chapter book library. Isn't it pretty all dressed up in its new colors? I'm loving it. I just need to label the tubs now and they'll be ready. The shelves on the far left house my multiple copy books for reading groups. You may remember that in my old classroom I had mega storage near my reading table so this is a serious downgrade but I still have what I need.
This shelf houses my students independent reading tubs and reader's notebooks. I had my kids store these under their cubbies in my old room. That is not an option in my mobile. How perfect is this shelf though? I'm pleased with the way this worked out.
This tiny shelf houses some of my extra supplies such as rulers, glue, scissors and my Daily 5 bookmarks. It just fits so perfectly here. Not sure how I feel about the light brown wood next to the dark brown wood of the shelf though. Maybe that problem is too little to worry about for now. Maybe some spray paint?

I had major issues with my reading table set up today. I moved it about ten times before I settled on this. Luckily a friend of mine was at school today as well and she set them up for me in this way-Thanks Shelly! I got these cute cube chairs at Target to add color and whimsy to the space. Also, sometimes I have up to 6 kids in a reading group and I didn't think I'd be able to stash 6 regular chairs around this table. The cubes slide underneath and out of the way when not in use, creating a tad more space for readers to spread out on the floor. Pardon the messy table.

Last photo of the day...I need to get one more of these chrome shelves to store math tubs and I'll be all set. Three will fit just perfect on this wall. Right now I have math tool kits and math manipulatives on them. The blue tubs against my desk house my literacy work station materials.
Lastly, I created and purchased these on Vista Print today (thanks for the idea Miss. Powers). The first one is a large car magnet to place on my metal door to welcome students. The second one is a small car magnet to place on my whiteboard, where I record homework for kids to copy into their planners each day. Can't wait to get them!


I love the personal touch these signs will add to the classroom. I hope everyone is resting and enjoying their break in the midst of all of your professional reading and teacher projects. Happy early Friday!
Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. ~Chinese Proverb







14 comments:
Very very nice!!! Love the pics!
Gena @ The Techy Teacher
tekyteach.blogspot.com
Looks amazing!! I love the primary colored baskets and tubs. You definitely made some head-way. Love me some organization. Enjoy your time off.
First Grade Factory
I can't figure out how you get your shelves to look so neat. I always think mine look cluttered, but yours look awesome.
wow, you got a ton accomplished! Your library looks fantastic!! I just love those new bins. You are extremely organized and inspiring! Is that your first vista order? I've been thinking about ordering from there for awhile now...love your creations :)
Kristen
It is harder to set up in a mobile. I was in one last year. But you have done an awesome job. I only hope I can do that good. I never really had a good reading table last year. Oh, and I have had your Daily 5 bookmarks ready and waiting. So excited.
:)
Lessons Learned
I am so jealous! My room is getting the floors stripped and waxed so I am banned until further notice. :( I can't wait to get in there and organize! Great job! I am in a portable, but I love it!
Becca
Simply 2nd Resources
I'm an organizing FREAK so I just adore it!
I'm so lovin your room!!! You have done wonders already!! I have that sign downloaded that you have on that clipboard. Did you hot glue it to the board?? I love the Vista print magnets!! Super cool!! I usually print cutsie signs then glue a cheap magnet to the back to put my schedule up on my white board. They tend to fall apart. I will price these out. They are soooo cute!!
Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher
Thanks Julie! I laminated the subway art sign and hung it from the clipboard. I had to tape the bottom down on the clipboard because it kept rolling. It is so cute though. I hung the clipboard on the side of the shelf with scotch removable frame hangers so I can take it off whenever without damaging the shelf. I opted for the Vista Print magnet for the outside of my classroom door so it would be weatherproof. My door is so ugly! I'm going to put a pot of flowers on my mobile step too!
Kelley
Love the vista print magnets! What a cute idea:) Do you know how big the small car magnet is?
Blessings,
Carolee
Your library is so pretty and your room is so inviting! I would love my personal children to be in your room! Thank you for sharing these great ideas & the neat things to do with the Vista Print mags!
~Fern
Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
Love your library!!
This has to be the nicest mobile I have ever seen...the ones here are pretty worn down and have siding on the walls {and super tiny}. I love your library! It looks so nice and tidy! I also keep my students' reading boxes on the shelf - but I may try to have them keep them at their desk for more shelf space, hadn't thought of that! Thank you for linking up - very cute library!
~Audrey
The Sweet Life of Third Grade
Hi, please consider linking up with my Vistaprint linky party!
Thanks, Nancy
The Apple Basket Teacher
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.