
This past May, I moved all of my stuff to a mobile before school ended. I recently went in (with my two boys) just to check out the space and I couldn't help myself...I just started moving shelves around and unpacking some of my bigger tubs. I absolutely love peeking into other teacher's classrooms so I thought I would share my "classroom in progress" pics with all of you. I snapped these shots so that I can document the major transformation that will take place by mid-August on my classroom website as well. If you want to check out my classroom tour from this past year, click here.
So that you know what you are looking at, I wrote little captions under each photo. Here are the shots I took:
This first shot shows about half of my stuff. The size of the mobile is obviously smaller than my classroom so I had to take some tubs home. I labeled them very specifically though so that I could find things I needed at home and bring them in during major units.
My lovely easel. I'm going to create my group area over in the corner you see in this photo, near the window. That big kidney reading table needs to go though...I'll be using trapezoid tables this year to conserve space. I can't wait to show you all the finished product, I have some fun space saving ideas my kids are going to adore!
Desks stacked on top of each other...you know how that goes. You can also see my little red desk caddies that I relabeled in May to prepare for the Fall.
These hooks are going to work for backpacks, but does anyone know where my kids should put their jackets in the Winter? Anyone? Bueller? 
These two tall brown shelves came with the mobile. I positioned them to create a reading nook. The tall one on the right will house my students independent reading tubs. The other will house the start of my chapter book collection. Notice the bland white tubs? Yeah, they are going to be leaving soon!
These shelves are mine, purchased from Walmart a few years ago for $15.00 each. I lined them up on the back wall to house my reading tubs. I haven't put the middle shelf in yet though.
Ahhhh, the teacher desk. It is a good size but has less storage than my old desk. I'm going to put one computer on my desk and try to keep it relatively clear so kids can work there as well.
Three storage units. Not too bad as far as storage. I'll dedicate one entire unit for student use. We'll store our math materials and text books here.
I got this chrome shelf at Walmart to store my math games last year but this year I am adding another unit (this time from Target) beside it to store some math manipulatives. I put the one shelf in front of my desk but ended up moving it before I left. Decisions, decisions.Lastly, look what came in the mail for me today! Fun and colorful new book tubs! I've had my white tubs for so many years and to be honest, they held up fine but I wanted a consistent color scheme with all of my tubs. My IR tubs are the same colors-purchased two years ago. I debated whether or not I should buy the book tubs from Really Good Stuff or not. They were so pricey for as many as I needed. I found these at Oriental Trading. I am thrilled with the quality and payed way less. Woo hoo!

I'll keep you posted on the progress that I make throughout the summer, although I can't promise I'll be going in to school too many times, I am supposed to be on break (hee hee hee).







10 comments:
Hey Kelley! I loved seeing this! Your classroom is going to look so nice, I can't wait to see the finished result. I reeeally like those baskets from Oriental Trading--I've never seen those before! I hope you have a happy, relaxing summer vacation :)
Kristen
Super cool Kelley!! I'm sure it will look wonderful by the time you finish. Keep the pics coming. It is cool to see the transition. Maybe I'll post pics since I'm moving as well. I'm sure it will be cool just to look back and see what we have accomplished. I've been too busy for the blogging scene lately but I'm glad to be back!
Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher
I can't wait to see your room at the end! I'm going in to my school tomorrow to pick up some manuals, so maybe I will take "before" pictures while I'm there!
Magnificent Multiagers!
I had to pack my classroom to be moved as well. Our janitorial staff moves our things for us but I can't get back in the school until beg. of August so I will have everything to do then. I was able to convince a friend of mine to come in and help me do initial set up one day so that will help! Love the pictures, can't wait to see how the rest of it comes together
Primary Connections
Great work! I too can't wait to see it all finished! No pressure or anything...hahah!
Hadar
Miss Kindergarten
Jealous of your storage-I have none! As for the coat issue, can you students put them in their backpacks? We do this and it helps "head" off lice!
Rachel
Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens
Fun! I am moving this year, too, but my new room won't be ready until August 8th. Yikes! I will enjoy watching your transformation while collecting great ideas. Thanks for sharing!
Firstthingsfirst-smay.blogspot.com
I am moving this year as well... I think all day about what my room will look like next year and how I want it.
Thanks for the pictures,
http://petersonsprimarypeeps.blogspot.com/
This is looking great! I love looking at classroom pictures. I am def. gonna be checking out those baskets. I need so many too and I can not afford the really good stuff ones. Thank you so much for sharing. I am a little jealous bc we can not go to our school until three weeks before school starts back. :( Come on over and join our newbie teacher giveaway!
Ashley
www.mrssimpsonskindergarten.blogspot.com
Kelley,
Could you come over and check out my latest post? I would love to get your ideas on what to do....Thanks!
Life's a Teach!
http://lifesateach.blogspot.com/2011/06/give-me-finger.html
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.