PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Woops! Fall Book Linky Party

I'm not sure how I could have missed this (must be my lack of a whole cup of coffee the other day) but Mrs. Parker has already started a Fabulous Fall Book Linky Party. There are so many awesome blog links already so I'm going to repost my favorite picks and link up with her. Thanks to everyone who linked up. I just placed an amazon order for a few new books I can't wait to share with my new third graders this Fall.

Click on over to check out or link up with Mrs. Parker.



Here are the titles I share the first few days of school as well as how I use them:

1.

I love this picture book by Mark Teague to get kids talking about their own summer vacations. The main character in this story tends to embellish his story just a tad and this does not go unnoticed by kids.

2.

I picked this book up on a whim as it was wrapped and I couldn't preview it but I just had to have it because of the illustrations. They are so super cute. It turned out to be a fabulous book about teamwork and never giving up on your dreams. Great way to inspire kids in the Fall.

3.


I use these two while I am introducing independent reading procedures in my classroom. They open up the door for discussions on what types of reading environment we want to have in our classroom.

4.


If you are familiar with Bucket Filling, then I'm sure these books are a staple in your classroom already. Click here to view my website page about Bucket Filling to learn more.

Lastly, because I teach an intermediate grade I incorporate chapter book read alouds in my reading program as I teach reading strategies. Rather than listing them all as part of my linky party, I thought I would direct you to my class website page where I have a summary of each book that I read and the months that I read them throughout the school year. Click here to view my chapter book picks.




4 comments:

Marlene said...

I teach third and I got some great ideas from your chapter books list! I've heard of Muggie Maggie and The Lemonade war and will have try those out.

Marlene

iheartteachingelementary.com

Marissa Tompkins said...

Great choices! I love It's a Frog Thing!! Such a wonderful message for the kids. :)

WILD About First Grade!

Claire said...

Thanks for the link over to your site where you described how you use the Bucket Fillers program. I am contemplating using it this coming year because the class I am getting are not known for their kindness to each other. It's great to see how you structure it. One question though - how to you introduce it to the students at the beginning of the year?

Cynthia said...

While you're pointing out great books, how about one you wrote yourself? The Help Movie and TakePart.com are running a contest to find a great children's story that teaches positive values. We have a writer from Sesame Street as a judge and the winner will have their book illustrated and made into an ebook. We'd love to see an entry from you!

http://www.takepart.com/thehelp

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.