
On a sidenote, I always start to really miss my kiddos from last year about this time. As an end of the year gift I gave each student in my class a chapter book to read over the summer. I am setting up a book club play date at the park at our school to briefly chat about the book and spend a little time together to catch up before they move on to be big fourth graders. I emailed parents about this idea prior to school ending and they were all on board. After the fourth of July, I'll send out an evite to my kids via their parent's emails to attend our summer book club. I'll provide some snacks and drinks to make it extra special. I think it will be a blast! Has anyone ever tried this before? This will be my first time hosting a summer book club for my kids so I would love any tips you have to offer. Have a great weekend!








3 comments:
I think this is a great idea! I just typed up my class list for next year and almost got sick I began to miss my kids (from last year) so much! I will have to try this out next summer because I know I will love these kids just as much!
Katie
Queen of the First Grade Jungle
I book club play date is a fantastic idea!! Hope it turns out great :)
PS: I'm having a giveaway! http://untenured.blogspot.com/2011/07/awakened-review-and-giveaway.html
I love this idea too! How about bringing along a special bookmark for each of the kids that participate? It would make them feel special because only a few kids would have them and it would also be something they can use in a couple months for fourth grade.
Also, you might consider making the book discussion a bit like a game - meeting outdoors at a playground could be distracting. It could be as simple as having participants pull random questions out of a hat.
Another thought would be to make your snack themed to the book - if that is possible.
I hope it goes really well!
-Rachel
Minds in Bloom
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.