PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, July 29, 2011

Homework Motivation

I am anxiously awaiting my order from Really Good Stuff! In case you missed it, Really Good Stuff recently hit over 20,000 followers on facebook and offered teachers a 10% off coupon code...woo hoo! I only placed a small order but I know my third graders are going to love what I got!

Check out these punch cards!


Last year I ordered two sets of them and I still have some left over to start the year off. I gave each student one punch card to keep in their Friday folders. Every Friday, if students had returned all of their homework for the entire week I gave them a punch on their punch card. When the card was filled, they got to choose something from my treasure box. I loved this because it wasn't a weekly reward, but something they had to work for. They were very popular the first trimester of school but I was able to phase them out the last trimester. I had very few kids who repeatedly turned in late work this past year and I think that the punch card was a good way to get the whole "bring homework back on time" line engrained in them!

Also, if you love blog stalking you may be surprised to learn that there are a ton of educational blogs on facebook as well. Many of your favorite blogs have a "like" button on their sidebars. If you click the "like" button you will receive updates on your home page every time your favorite blogs update a post!



5 comments:

Pat's Paper Passion said...

I like the punch card idea. In the past I've made 'no late papers' business cards and given these out on Friday for work turned in on time. When a student has 5, the cards can be turned in for a homework pass.

Each year I design new 'no late papers' cards & homework passes using Print Shop and the business card design.

PS...I just received a Really Good Stuff package in the mail also :)
Pat

A Time to Share & Create


MY WEBSITE

Fabulous 4th Grade

Busy Bees said...

I have got to get busy and put in my Really Good stuff order. I had better get busy!! I love the punch card.
BusyBees

Cindy Foreman said...

I found your blog (and love it!)through the Facebook Linky Party and am now following you. I am new to the bogging world so please feel free to stop by and check out my blog too

Cindy
http://foremansfourthgrade.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

I love the idea of a punch card! Sounds like such a great motivational idea :)

Amanda Kendall said...

Those are so cute! I'm going to need to get on the ball and order a set for myself. We have Friday binders that go home every week with all the student's work. They keep each week's work behind one tab and every week the parent signs that they have seen the work. I could use the cards for this too! Oh... the possibilities.

So happy I found your blog. I'm now a follower. I'm new to blogging, but please check me out at The Teaching Thief

Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.