PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Daily Organization-Mrs. Patton's Organization Post Party



I love a good party! Here are my favorite daily organization systems that I use.


This is my plan book binder. I keep all of my plans in the front half of it but I have tabbed the back half which I use to store my curriculum, rubric, and calendars in. I put this binder together this year after I got tired of constantly flipping through various binders looking for this same information so I decided put it all at my fingertips. It makes life easier on the weekends as well because I only need to bring one binder home. The curriculum section doesn't house my standards or frameworks, but my scope and sequence in all content areas.



I use these drawers which sit next to my desk on a shelf to house multiple copies, upcoming read alouds and general materials that I will need throughout the month. They are strong enough to hold about a months work in advance which is easy to prepare for spelling and math units.



Lastly, this little stacking tub system I got going has been a life saver this year. A friend of mine does something similar with her monthly files. My spin on her idea is that i only created tubs for my major units of study rather than my monthly files. Every time I get ready to plan a new unit, I can just grab the tub I need off of the shelf and bring it with me to my team meetings.




5 comments:

Mrs. Patton said...

Thanks for joining the party! I like your idea of keeping it all at your fingertips. Putting things together and at my fingertips always makes things better for me!

Colleen Patton
Mrs. Patton’s Patch

Kristen said...

Hey Kelley, I really like your idea of keeping the scope and sequence in your planning binder...I am going to do that for sure! Thanks! :)

Kristen
Ladybug's Teacher Files

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Those unit tubs are a GREAT idea! Love your blog!

Amy
http://juiceboxesandcrayolas.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Kelley,

Where did you get the green stacking tubs? Love them!

Mary
Adventures in Kindergarten

Ida said...

Yes, Where did you get the stacking tubs??

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.