PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Linky Party-Ten Things I've Learned from Teaching

Rowdy in First is having a Linky Party! I'm pretty new to blogging but I have to say that I am loving the linky parties! I have been teaching for ten years (minus two years that I took off when I had my boys). I started as a special education teacher for first and second graders in an inclusive classroom, moved to a 1-2 split, then back to first grade and finally ended up in third grade which I adore! After all these moves I have learned at least ten things I can share..here goes!




Ten Things I've Learned from Teaching:

1. I spend money on my classroom as if I were the CEO of a major corporation.
2. Last years plan book is a life saver the first month of school until I can regain my bearings and learn more about my current class.
3. Just because kids turn 8 or 9, it doesn't mean they don't like games and silly, interactive lessons anymore!
4. It pays to be organized, especially if you switch grades or move classrooms often.
5. I think there is such a thing as finding "your grade"...the one you were born to teach.
6. Kids really do use resources you post in your class or on your site if you teach them how to.
7. Your attitude and demeanor can make or break a day for kids. You must always be thoughtful.
8. Keeping a growing list of new ideas and changes you want to implement the next school year give you some great projects to start over the summer.
9. Cute font and clip art are a few of my favorite things.
10. Matching tubs, color schemes and themes make for an organized and fun learning environment.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so with ya on #1!
http://rowdyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

Miss Kindergarten said...

I LOVE cute fonts and clipart too! Have you seen Lettering Delights? Cutest things ever, and you can get free stuff!

Hadar

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.