PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Exit Pass

I had never heard of using Exit Slips until I started using the Everyday Math program a few years ago. They can take any form you wish but I prefer a standard form to use across my content areas just because the kids get used to the format and style of response I have modeled and expect from them.


Here is how you might use them in your class...


On the rare occasion that you have five minutes to spare at the end of the school day OR if you ever want to take a super quick inventory of how well your kiddos understand a newly introduced concept you can just pass them out and collect them as the kids leave for the day. I store mine in a little basket so they are easy to grab on the fly.



Grab it if you can use it. Have a happy night!

4 comments:

Amanda K. said...

Love it! Thanks Kelley!

Amanda
thirdgradeexperience.blogspot.com

Caleb's Mama said...

Awesome!
Do you happen to have a list of titles that your students love to read, or the books you choose for book groups? I will be teaching 3rd grade next year and I am trying to stock my shelves now. Thanks!

Mrs. Randall said...

Hi! Thanks for the comments ladies. Caleb's Mama, I just replied via email because it was easier. I hope my books lists are helpful to you. Good luck!

Kelley

Caleb's Mama said...

Sorry to bother you, but I didn't get your e-mail. (I checked all folders)
Could you please try sending it to my aol address? Treestop1@aol.com
Thanks so much, I look forward to it!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.