PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 8, 2011

Homophone Bingo

Hi friends and a happy Friday to you! Here is just a quick post because after all, it is officially the weekend now. The past few weeks my word study focus has been on homophones. Just in case you haven't seen it yet, this book is a great way to introduce homophones.


After plenty of word games during my work station time, I introduced this bingo game that I made. We used words from our homophone anchor chart to fill in the bingo game board. I acted as the caller to ensure that the sentences reflected the meaning of the word. Next time, the kids can do this themselves in small groups. I should have taken a picture of our anchor chart because it was pretty cute. The kids had to match pairs of words that I printed homophones on and hid around the room. They were printed off on pears. They thought the pair-pears were funny! You could play a variation on this game by reading one homophone in the context of a sentence and then having kids locate the homonym. 


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Why oh why are you so very good to us??!
Thanks!!

Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

Julie said...

I was just going to click over to Amazon and buy this and I thought...You need to get yourself a shelfari account. Then hook up to Amazon with an associate ID. That way when I buy this book YOU will make money from it. I think it looks adorable!! I need it.

Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

Mrs. Randall said...

Yup! You def. need this book Julie. I have a shelfari on the bottom of my page but I only put professional books on it. I did't realize I could set it up with an associate ID. I'll have to look into that because I am always pushing books!

Kelley

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.