![]() |
| This is the Read At Home folder each student has. |
Here is a bit of background about my students reading homework to set the scene...
My students are required to read for 30 minutes (at least) each night and record their book title, total minutes read, reading level (just right, challenging, too easy) as well as the genre, using a code system I include on the reading log. I stapled the reading log and a few other reading resources such as discussion prompts into a laminated folder I called the Read At Home Folder or RAH for short. I do have a team theme kicking in my classroom this year after all. Under the reading log I staple the tic-tac-toe reading project game board. I called it "Super Book Projects" because I had cute superhero clipart that absolutely needed to be used! I wanted to provide the kids with some variety this year so I created three different boards, one for each trimester with slightly different project ideas. I also have a big old stack of monthly book project rubrics in my classroom that I require the kids to attach to the project prior to handing them in. I kept the rubrics the same all year.
Here are the Super Book Project tic-tac-toe boards for the whole year. There are three of them, I just loaded them at two different times. The first file is September, October, November.
Here are the game boards for December-May.
Also, here are some extras that I include with the RAH folder. The first file is the Reading Log I use.
This is the Discussion Prompt list I include in the folder to help families support their awesome readers!
I probably should have posted the rubric for these monthly book projects but I think I created and saved it on my school computer...bummer! If you are interested, leave me a comment and I'll be sure to track it down and post it for you. Also, I would love to hear about any fourth grade monthly reading assignments that I might be able to use with some of my super duper high readers and out of the box thinkers.









15 comments:
WoW! Thanks for the great forms! Please post the rubrics.
Thanks again for the forms!I am so doing this next year! Please post the rubrics!
Amanda
I am saving this now. What a wonderful idea!
Cheryl
Primary Graffiti
Kelley...I truly think you have the best resources on the web...and your willingness to share so much is awesome. I appreciate all that you do. I am a fellow Colorado teacher and your blog is a favorite on my favorites bar. I visit your blog daily and try alot of your ideas. You seem to have the same philosophies as I do...I haven't found too many out there that do. Thank you so much for sharing and not always trying to get a buck by selling everything on TpT. I have been left broke by school loans to become a teacher and can't afford all the wonderful units I see offered on TpT by these teachers (even though I wish I could)...so thank you for your kindness. :)
Kelley,
Your work is just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing. I love your RAH activities. Could you post the rubric (s) that you used with the tic-tac-toe activities. I would love to use this next school year!
Thanks again for sharing.
I just discovered your blog and I am in love!! Thank you for being willing to share your ideas. I would love to see the rubrics.
Kelley,
These resources are fabulous. Your ideas continue to inspire me as a teacher! Would love to see the rubrics
Many thanks!
I agree with Krissy! Your blog and kindness to share your resources is beyond generous! Thank you for being an amazing teacher and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us!
I would love to have a copy of the rubric that you use with the RAH tic-tac-toe boards. Thanks.
Would love the rubric! thanks.... great ideas!!! l.harford@smgonline.org
These are great! Could I please have a copy of the rubrics you use. Thanks heaps
Louise
louise.ponce@fendalton.school.nz
That is awesome! I love that. Thanks for sharing. Could I please have acopy of the rubric. csld1994@comcast.net
I would love the rubrics! my email is dthomas@bluevalleyk12.org. Thank you!!
Can I please have a copy of the rubric:
meganbush@aiken.k12.sc.us
meganbush214@gmail.com
May I get a copy of the Rubric and is their a copy of the Super Book Projects that I edit. Thank you donnarunt@verizon.net
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.