PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Categorizing Common and Proper Nouns


Now that all of the state testing is over and we are heading into Spring assessments, the end of the year is so close! I can see it in my kids behavior each school day as they get more and more excited about what lies ahead for them this June. I wanted to make sure that my kids have plenty of practice this last few weeks in maintaining all of those word skills they worked so hard learning this year.

My third graders spend approximately thirty minutes each day independent reading, so I created this word skill task that allows kids to practice categorizing proper and common nouns they see in context. You might include it as part of your independent reading, or morning work, or even word work during Daily 5. Snag it if you can use it!





9 comments:

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

So cute! This is such a coincidence! I was going to have my students do this exact thing, but find nouns, adjectives, verbs... Thanks for sharing!!!

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving this resource for Daily 5!

Sacha
http://luria-learning.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Hey Kelley, I sent you an email (to your school mail). :)

Anonymous said...

I do think it is a horrendous violation of privacy, and I do think it's been going on a long time, and I do think more people than we know knew about it. But I think I should just listen and hear what the facts are before I comment," he said. 1924 Hearing Aid May Be 'Time-Traveler's' Cell Phone In Charlie Chaplin Clip http://Africanamericansupersite.
com/index.php?do=/profile-20271/info/ One of the most important pre-requisites for a successful
long distance love is the element of understanding, sacrifice and adjustment between the two partners.
Though, they may not be able to meet each other regularly but can continue to stay in touch with each other and stay connected over the phone.
When I was away from the house and needed to talk to someone I had to go
to the gas station or a drug store to find a pay phone.
Used to, you would see a phone booth on the corner or in the local stores but they are no longer
a fixture anymore. In my late 20's was when the first time that mobile phones came to be. My first mobile phone was the size of a brick and just about as heavy. How funny is that? No pocket was big enough so you had to carry it in your hand or briefcase. Calling areas were limited and the price was very high. The great thing was that my arm muscles continued to stay in shape from just lugging it around.
Review my web site : africanamericansupersite.com

Anonymous said...

Benefits Of Auckland Topsoil Delivery Services Mulch Is Mother Natures Blanket

Here is my webpage: ozaukee county tree nursery
My web blog - tree nursery milwaukee

Anonymous said...

FBI Behavioral analysis unit To: Normal 0 false false false Microsoft Internet Explorer4 /* Style Definitions */
table. http://tinyurl.com/amtx2ln Mr. Cullen said that Bell Atlantic still intended to upgrade its land network to deliver video programming.
The 14 charged in the PayPal attack were arrested in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, the District of Columbia,
Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico and Ohio. They ranged in age from 20 to 42.
The name and age of one of the 14 was withheld by the court.
Visit my web site - cell phone number lookup

Anonymous said...

We are in an english class in the University of Tennessee and my professor
stated that if among us can get published our blog published on the
website, we will get an automatic A in the course.
Please, if anyone knows ways to obtain a blog published on Amnesty
International, or has any tips, please let me know!
Thanks a great deal!.

My homepage :: hobbynet.info
Take a look at my site ; Paxil Attorney

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.