As you know, I have a team theme in my classroom that has proven to be very successful for me. My kids and families love that we call ourselves Team Randall and there is a definite feel of support and encouragement amongst the "players" on our team. As we all prepare for next year, consider giving your classroom setup an obvious theme to create a cohesive look. If you choose a team theme, I'm your go to gal as I plan to continue using it next year as well. Early this year I created a team themed word wall to go with my classroom look.
Here is a close up...
Here are the letters I made for my word wall. Just cut and paste to construction paper, send them through the laminator and you've got a team themed word wall! I put one letter on each side of the black construction paper.
One more thing I post in my classroom is this huge banner from Oriental Trading. When you order it, you can personalize it to say whatever you want. Mine says "Welcome to Team Randall" and my kids adore it! It only cost $15.00 but it makes a big impact in our classroom.

Don't forget about my giveaway! Click here for details.








14 comments:
Gosh I love your stuff! I may have a K/1 combo next year so a team word wall would be great! But my heart is still set on a beach theme!
Hadar
Kelley,
Love your team theme! Thanks for sharing the word wall materials.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun
Thank you for sharing this! I will be a first-year teacher next year so I am starting with nothing. All of these free things are super helpful to me. :)
Magnificent Multiagers!
These are adorable!!! I love the "team theme!" Thanks for sharing!
Kelley- any chance you could send me your Word Wall label? I printed off all the Alphabet cards and would love to post it on the wall next year.
melissa.currin@kenton.kyschools.us
Totally awesome!
www.littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com
So cute!
Have you always had an A to Z word wall? I've been thinking about getting rid of a traditional A to Z word wall and making it arranged by subject like family words, school words, recess words, outside words and so on. I haven't seen anyone do it like this, so I'm not completely sure how it would work.
Thank you thank you! This is the theme that my school has voted on for next year, and I'm getting uber-excited about it the more I think about it!! :)
~Laura
www.firstgradeFUNdamentals.blogspot.com
I love the team theme! VERY cute!
I currently have a semi-team theme in my classroom, but would like to take it to the next level next year. These are perfect for doing this! Thanks for sharing!!!
Letters from the wall are cute and funny but I don't like the black background at all.
Hi everyone, I'm glad you like the team word wall words. I can definitely email the word wall sign to you Melissa. I think having a theme gets you excited for the Fall and when you feel less excited, you know its time to change! Jana, I've always done the traditional a to z word wall for my districts high frequency writing words and words that follow my spelling patterns. I also have a math word wall that is much smaller and isn't listed alphabetically. I include the math term, a def., and an example. Also, I list content words on my anchor charts which I hang around my classroom due to space. Thanks for following.
Kelley
I'm planning on a sports/team theme next year! I have already ordered the banner from Oriental Trading. Thanks for the other ideas!
Rachel
Go Fourth! With Owens
Where did you get the sports themed kids for your word wall letters? They are adorable. I also have a sports theme and would love to be able to make a few signs using the characters.
Erin
uvawahoo22@hotmail.com
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.