PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Summer Projects-nonteaching post

Ahhhh! School's out for summer! My first official day of summer is Monday. I packed my whole classroom up the last week of school, little by little to prepare for my move to a mobile next year. On Friday, I checked out of school after some last minute work in our school's literacy room and A LOT of moving. I can overlook all of the moving though because I got to go out to lunch with some of my favorite ladies from school. I spent this weekend working around my yard, snapping a few photos of my blooming flowers and my new veggie garden (complete with hideous bunny proof fencing and big fat frog to protect the garden.



I have so many mini projects that I need to complete over the summer and while I do have some projects and ideas that I would like to work on for school this summer, I certainly don't plan on spending the entire summer in my classroom. Nope! For this reason, I think I'll go the route of some home decor/organization blogs I adore and post about my projects. You can choose to follow along or come back and visit me periodically through the summer and definitely in the Fall-I'll have a whole new classroom tour as I've moved to a new space!

Yikes! I'd better get those boys outside to water my garden.

OK, now on to my first organization project. You don't even want to see my to do list...sometimes I tend to get ahead of myself. So far, I've tackled my butlers pantry (ya know, that little area between the kitchen and the dining room for storage, etc.) It has stood relatively bare for at least two years and the cupboards have stashed piles of miscellaneous junk. I ordered the Daily Organization system from Pottery Barn and picked up some linen storage boxes from Target that fit the cupboards perfectly. I love it and it was so easy to install. I tend to mull over the idea of buying something for way too long. I've wanted to put the Daily Organization system up for so long so I finally just bought it. My hubby has claimed the first file as incoming and outgoing mail. How cute...a mail station. I'm trying to think of some other stations I can set up in my house. I'm thinking about a lunch station to keep all of my kids lunch box thingies in one place.



Technically, I'm not totally done with the cupboards yet. The fact that the little drawers with scissors, tape, stationary and cards, charging cords, etc. isn't labeled is really driving me batty.

So there you have it. One project down, ten more to go! Happy summer everyone.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.