At first I was storing all of the cards (36 weeks of cards!) in little baggies, but then I came across this mini file system at where else...Target. I just labeled each tab with a spelling week number and popped the cards in. My kids can change them out each week as I tend to forget. After the cards have been sorted, kids can then take them out of the pocket chart and use them to practice their words in their spelling journals, on spelling tiles, or to give practice tests to their buddies.
My goal for next year is to create another set for later in the week that follow similar spelling rules and patterns but allow kids to apply it to new words.







3 comments:
Kelley, I love your blog! I use the Daily Five in my classroom as well. I love the Daily Five book as well as The Cafe. I recently created a post about these books on my blog. Check it out. I'd love to know what you think.- Stephie
MrsMcCumbeesclass.blogspot.com
Kelley,
What type of sort do the students do with the words, spelling pattern, or something else? Thanks!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.