PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 30, 2011

Sprucing up the kitchen

Happy Memorial Day bloggers! I hope everyone enjoyed a fun filled day with your families. I spent my morning watching my amazing hubby run the Bolder Boulder 10K. Then we had a cookout and played around the house all day. I love days like these when we don't really have too much planned and we can run on our own time!

Since I'm officially off for summer break, I've decided to take on some much neglected areas of my home that I can improve upon. More specifically, clean up and organization projects. Today I tackled my under the counter nemesis...the tupperware cupboard!

Here is the before picture:



Seriously, now where did that top go?

Here is the after:



It is amazing what two super cheap organizers can do for a cluttered mess. I purchased some plastic baskets for the tupperware tops, one for square tops and one for round tops. Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

Next, I changed up the centerpiece on my kitchen table. Well, I added a centerpiece rather. Lately I've been wiping down the table after dinner and calling it good but since it is summer, I suppose I can muster up enough strength to place a pretty centerpiece back on the table after dinner.

Here is what I came up with:



I just added some rattan decorative balls and fake artichokes from Pier One to an old wooden bowl that I've had laying around. Pretty.

Tomorrow I am heading to an AddVantage math training (all week) and I am so excited. I'll post about it when I am officially a trained expert! Have a great week everyone.

7 comments:

Amanda K. said...

Looks great!

Julie said...

Lookin Good!! You're making my Tupperware drawer look whoa bad. :)
Thanks again for the GC! It looks like I'm pretty close to a 200 followers giveaway myself.
Julie
Thoughts of a Third Grade Teacher

Katie said...

You are welcome to come fix up my kitchen anytime!

Anonymous said...

Its amazing to see someone put so much passion into a subject. Im glad I came across this.
Request Letter Format

Anonymous said...

My relatives always say that I am wasting my time here at net, except I know I am getting
know-how everyday by reading such good posts.
my website: Curved-shower-rod-col7o912fo.tumblr.com

Anonymous said...

I vіsiteԁ multiplе blogs except the audіo feаtuге fοг auԁio ѕongs prеѕеnt at this websitе іs genuinely marvelous.
Feel free to visit my blog - chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Ӏ was ѕuggested this web sitе by way of my соusіn.
ӏ am not posіtіvе whеther or
not thiѕ ρublish is written by way of hіm as nο one elѕe
κnow ѕuсh dіstinctiνe аbout
my problem. You're amazing! Thank you!
Here is my blog post ... Chemietoilette

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.